How about another pancake recipe? I know, I know, I have a lot. Maybe I should rename my blog Pancake Obsession? But really, what's better? Especially when they are peanut butter pancakes?! Love of my life, that peanut butter.
Ok, so now you wanna know how to make these right? :-)
The awesome fitness bloggers over at Pancake Warriors posted these originally and I just had to make them. Now I'm posting the (slightly altered) recipe for you. You're welcome. :-) And thanks, Pancake Warriors!
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup old fashioned oats, ground into flour
1 scoop protein powder of choice
1/4 cup peanut flour (I used PB2)
2 tbsp almond meal
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Blend oats in a blender. Mash the banana in a plastic bag or with a fork in a mixing bowl and add to blender.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until combined. Set aside to thicken.
3. Preheat a griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, ladle batter onto griddle.
5. Cook pancake about 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip to the other side.
6. Plate and top with maple syrup, jam, or more peanut butter!
Follow my Instagram account @bikinibakerblog for bonus recipes not posted on the blog!