I feel like I've been neglecting my little corner of the blogosphere lately. I moved again which was a big surprise, but a very happy one. So now I'm finally settled and I'm in love with the surroundings at this place! It's like a little jungle. Perfect photo ops with beautiful natural light. I can't wait to start developing new recipes!
In the meantime, I did experiment with spicing up my regular ole' roasted veggies by tossing them in an olive oil/balsamic marinade. It was light and flavorful and these veggies were a perfect side dish to some rotisserie chicken.
All you do is chop them up, whisk the marinade, pour it on, and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
A simple, pretty, healthy side dish to any main course.
Balsamic Roasted Zucchini, Squash, and Mushrooms
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 8oz container of sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar (I use Trader Joe's brand)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Slice veggies and place in a large bowl.
3. Whisk up marinade ingredients and garlic, then pour over veggies and toss to coat.
4. Spread veggies in a single layer on pan and place in oven.
5. After 10 minutes, stir veggies around.
6. Roast for 10 more minutes or until veggies are soft and starting to brown.