January 28, 2017
Shrimp Fried Rice
Makes 1 large skillet or wok's worth
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 package frozen Trader Joe's stir fry veggie mix (or any veggie medley of your choice)
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/2 bag of sliced mushrooms
2-3 cups cooked rice (I used Trader Joe's frozen brown rice)
1. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and white pepper. Set aside.
2. Defrost shrimp (or cook if using fresh) while chopping and preparing veggies.
3. Heat olive oil in large wok or skillet. Once heated, saute onions until translucent. Then saute garlic for 1 minute.
4. Add zucchini, mushrooms and frozen stir fry veggies to skillet and saute for 6-7 minutes until heated through and tender crisp.
5. While veggies are cooking, microwave rice.
6. Add shrimp and rice. Pour sauce over mixture and gently stir to combine all ingredients.